1st June, 2010
Victims of the Saturday 29 May, Kaduna poisonous gas explosion have all been discharged from the various hospitals ,where they were admitted for treatment after inhailing the poisonous gas.
When P.M.News visited Manex Hospital, St. Geralds Hospital and Gwamna Awan Hospital yesterday , the doctors on duty informed that the over 500 affected victims were discharged after they were detoxified and comfirmed safe.
A victim, Titilayo Adeyinka who narrated her ordeal after she was discharged from St. Geralds Hospital told P.M.NEWS she heard an explosion and suddenly she inhaled the poisonous gas and that was all she could remember.
â€ I collapsed and the next thing was that I found myself in the hospital,â€ Adeyinka said.
However, efforts to track down the welder accused of causing the poisonous gas emission at his Kakuri area workshoap was futile as P.M.NEWS learnt he has disappeared into thin air.
But security agencies have ordered a manhunt to fish him out.
â€”By Femi Adi/Kaduna