ANPP Calls For Mass Transfer Of Cops In Abia


The Chairman, All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) in Abia State, Mr. Cassidy Agbai, in Umuahia has called for the mass transfer of all police officers who had spent more than ten years in the state.

Agbai told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that such a measure would check the excesses of officers that had the tendency of involving themselves in one form of crime or the other.

He said that the revelation made by IGP Ogbonna Onovo that the force had been infiltrated by some bad elements and were being used to do business with criminals was instructive.

Agbai said that it has become imperative to make 60 percent of police officers indigenes of the states where they work while the remaining 40 per cent would be from other states.

Related News

“This is because the indigenes know the terrain and will always live to account for what they did to their kinsmen,” he said.

He urged the Federal Government to create an insurance policy for all security agencies in the country “as this will boost their morale and encourage them to render effective services to their motherland.”

“What they are doing is a risky job. So, they need to be equipped to match the fire power of the hoodlums terrorising residents of the state,” Agbai said.

Load more