Ndigbo Leaders Donates Office To ACN


The Leader of Ndigbo in Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Badagry Division, Chief  Ferdinand Ezeani, has given reasons why he acquired a secretariat for the party.

The business mogul cum politician disclosed this at the weekend, when he formally handed  the keys of the secretariat to the chairman of the Ndigbo ACN,  Chief George Emenalo.

He said that he donated the office because of his love for the party and the achievements  of both the former governor and leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and the  incumbent, which have drastically and immensely developed the area.

He noted that one of the reasons he donated the secretariat is to provide contact and  meeting point for Igbo members of the party within the division and all the Igbo in the  area, to channel their complaints and suggestions for good governance in the state.

He said that as the 2011 general elections is around the corner, the secretariat would  enable the party leaders know where to meet members during political campaigns.

Related News

“This large crowd of supporters here to witness the formal handing over of the  secretariat of our great party, ACN, thrills me because I know that we have the  supporters and for them to have left their homes and works tells you that the Igbo are  true politicians. We are all united and it is evident here that we are also peace loving.  We have lived with the Yoruba in Badagry without any riot, we are political friends and I  want to assure the ACN we are solidly behind it as the clock ticks towards the 2011  elections.”

He charged the officials that would be in charge of the secretariat to use it for the  benefit of the party and the Ndigbo in general, adding “I would continue to do my best to  make sure that ACN continues to dominate not only in Badagry Division, but also in the  entire Lagos State. We the Igbo United Coalition in Lagos will continue to do our best  because we can’t afford another party to come and rule us.”

Also speaking at the event, Chief Chris Ekwilo, a state leader and chairman of the  coalition said that there are over three million Igbo in Badagry, adding that 70 per cent  are behind ACN.

According to him, “from the over  three million Igbos in Badagry 70 per cent are strongly  behind ACN. We are also working assiduously to make that we get the remaining 30 per cent  to ACN and if they don’t want, we would use the remaining parties to fight over them.”

—Adebola Alawode

Load more