Doctor Loses Hospital To Fire


A Lagos-based doctor, Mr. Olusegun Moroga has lost his hospital and residence to a  mysterious fire that gutted his house at 17, Ayo Alabi street, off Oke-Ira, Ogba,  Lagos State.

Miss Temitope Moroga, daughter of the doctor, told P.M.NEWS that they could not  identify the cause of the fire, but the fire started from her mother’s bedroom at  around 8pm.

She explained that it was her mother who first noticed the smoke, and by the time  they opened the door to the room, the whole bedroom was on fire. They sought help  from neighbours to help put out the fire.

Eyewitness account said that a distress call was placed to the Lagos State Fire  Service, but they responded too late as the fire had already taken over the  building.

Temitope further explained that as at the time the incident occurred, there was no  public power supply, “we were using a generator.”

“The value of the property lost cannot be quantified, Mrs. Moroga runs a catering  outlet, and all her equipments are inside the building, even documents, jewellery  and other valuables were lost in the fire” a family member  lamented.

No life was, however,  lost in the fire.

—Adeyera Olubunmi

  Copyright protected by Digiprove © 2010 P.M.News

Load more