15th July, 2011
A storey building at Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria was this afternoon gutted by fire .
One of the rooms in the house located at 4, Oluwaseyi Close, off Afolabi Awosanya Street, Opebi, was completely burnt despite the spirited efforts of officials of the Lagos State Fire Service to put it out.
P.M.NEWS gathered that the fire started from an aircondition wrongly installed by the occupant of the house yesterday.
A witness said he heard a loud noise in the house immediately light was restored and the aircondition caught fire which spread quickly and destroyed everything in the room.
Firemen were seen struggling to prevent the fire from spreading to other parts of the building as at the time of filing this report.