20th January, 2012
Following his third attack by gunmen in one year, the Ajegunle soldier, Daddy Showkey, said he is battle ready for any attacker.
Speaking with P.M.Entertainment, Showkey said the attacks are becoming too many and “if not for God I would have been a dead man by now. I have never been involved in any shady business. So, I don’t know who wants me dead.”
He said each time he is attacked, he reports to the police and “all I get is we will investigate the matter, do they want me to die before they finish their investigation?”
He said he is yet to overcome the trauma occasioned by the demise of his aide who was killed in the last attack, asking; “What have I done to deserve this?”
Daddy Showkey told P.M.Entertainment that he will not run out of Nigeria, no matter what, saying; “This is my country, I can’t run away from it. If the police refuse to protect me, I will protect myself.”
Before Tuesday’s attack on him in Agidingbi area of Lagos, southwest Nigeria, Daddy Showkey had been attacked twice in July and October last year.