BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Official: 5 die in Jos church bombing

Nigeria’s Special Task Force (STF) has confirmed five persons dead in the Sunday suicide bomb attack on a church in Jos as well as alleged reprisal killings that followed the incident.

The STF, the outfit charged with maintaining peace in Plateau, said in a statement in Jos that the suicide bomber was among the dead, while the others were believed to be victims of mob actions after the blast.

IT said in a statement signed by Mdahyelya Markus, that 28 worshippers were injured by the blast that brought down the church building. The STF said that the explosion hit  Christ Chosen Church of God on Rukuba Road, Jos, when the suicide bomber drove a saloon car with registration number BSA 36 AA, into the premises.   

The statement advised members of the public to always allow security agencies to take control of security situations whenever such incidents occurred.“The general public is also warned not to take the laws into their hands as any act of lawlessness would not be tolerated by the security agencies,” the STF stated.The security outfit, however, advised members of the public to go about their normal duties as everything had been brought under control.

Comments

×