BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

500 Illegal Shanties Demolished In Agege

Over 500 illegal shanties have been demolished by officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit in Agege area of Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

The shanties were demolished on railway setback between Ile Zik all through to Pen Cinema, Agege between Wednesday and Thursday.

The demolition on Thursday was massive as the taskforce officials stormed the area with bulldozer and sledge hammers.

Owners watched helplessly while the bulldozer and sledge hammers went to work on the shanties.

The road setback between the main road and railway from Ile Zik to Pen Cinema were converted to illegal markets by traders, especially the cattle market at Mangoro section.

At the end of the demolition exercise, which lasted for the whole day, all shanties in the area were cleared by the taskforce.

Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman, Chief Superintendent of Police, told P.M.NEWS that the area had been cleared of illegal shanties in past and that the traders returned to erect structures on the setback between the road and railway.

He said the demolition became necessary as government could no longer condone lawlessness by traders.

Sulaiman stated that the state government was planning to beautify the setback by planting trees and flowers on them.

—Kazeem Ugbodaga

Comments

×