BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
News

2 abducted Chinese freed in Nigeria

Two Chinese nationals who were abducted on Monday near the Military Cantonment in Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun state, in western Nigerai, have been rescued by the police.

The Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ikemefuna Okoye, told newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday that the AIG Zone II, Mr. Mamman Tsafe, had earlier informed his command of the abduction.

“I received the call just as we were rounding off our security meeting in Sagamu. I immediately ordered the Ogijo DPO to trace them because intelligence report had helped us know their direction.

“The DPO, SP Toyin Afolaogun, gave them a chase alone and was able to sight them at Sotubo village; he later got backups from the area commander in Sagamu.

“The kidnappers headed into a very thick forest where their den is located, not knowing that the police were behind them,” he said.

Okoye said that the kidnappers’ den, located about three kilometres off the Sagamu-Ikorodu road, was later surrounded by armed policemen.

He added that the situation led to an exchange of gunfire between the police and the kidnappers.

“After serious exchange of fire, we were able to rescue the two Chinese without a scratch, at about 3.10 p.m.,” Okoye said.

He regretted that many of the kidnappers ran away with bullet wounds, adding that one was, however, caught, but with serious injuries.

Okoye also said that two locally made pistols, large quantities of live cartridges, a BMW car marked CK 737 LSD, were recovered from the suspects.

He solicited the cooperation of both orthodox and traditional medical practitioners in the effort to apprehend other suspects currently on the run with bullet wounds.

Okoye assured residents of the state of their security, saying that the police was in control of the situation.

Comments

×