20th May, 2014
The Plateau State Government says it is “not in a hurry” to release the casualty figures from Tuesday afternoon’s two bomb blasts which hit the Terminus Market in Jos.
“The casualty figures have not been ascertained because the figures are still being collated from various hospitals,” the state’s Information Commissioner, Olivia Dazyam, told newsmen in Jos on Tuesday.
She however said the figures would be made available as soon as possible.
The commissioner said security agents had been drafted to the scene of the blasts, and advised hospitals to accept the victims and begin treatment immediately.
“Full investigation has begun on the incident. But we want people to be calm and pray, especially for the victims.
“We also want everyone to support the authorities in these trying times,” she said.