BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
News

Insecurity: Kwara places restriction on use of schools for social events

Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State

Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Friday in Ilorin announced restriction on the use of public schools in the state for social events.

The governor announced the restriction at a meeting of All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS).

Ahmed, who was represented by Alhaji Saka Onimago, Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, said the measure was part of efforts to beef up security within schools’ premises.

“Anybody who wants to use our schools for any occasion such as parties, marriages or any event must seek and be given government approval,” he said.

He also said that security operatives had been deployed to all schools in the state to prevent unauthorised persons from loitering around school premises.

Ahmed further warned that government would not tolerate inflamatory sermons by religious leaders.

The governor, who admitted that there was need for increased funding of the education sector, said it could only perform within the limits of its resources.

“Our internally generated revenue is only N800 million month and the state only gets N3.4 billion as statutory allocation from the Federation Account,” he said.

ANCOPSS President, Dr Omowunmi Oloyede, called on government at all levels to recruit more teachers. She also called on parents to complement government’s efforts by investing in the education of their wards.

Comments

×