BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Hoodlums Clash In Lagos

•One of the vehicles vandalised by hoodlums during a violent clash in Oto area of Oyingbo yesterday.

Two persons were shot dead Tuesday in Oto town, Lagos Mainland Local Government Area as hoodlums continued their reign of terror in the area.

A man was also killed last week when a gang of hoodlums from Apapa road attacked residents of Oto to retaliate a previous attack on them by a gang in the area.

The hoodlums attacked the palace of the Oloto of Oto, Oba Ganiyu Odesanya and vandalised a number of vehicles parked within and outside the premises.

P.M.NEWS gathered that over 100 hoodlums participated in the attack on the town and scores of vehicles vandalised. The attackers also set some houses on fire.

It took the combined efforts of riot and regular policemen from the area to quell the violence. Two residents suffered injuries from gunshots during the melee and were rushed to the hospital.

•One of the vehicles vandalised by hoodlums during a violent clash in Oto area of Oyingbo yesterday.
•One of the vehicles vandalised by hoodlums during a violent clash in Oto area of Oyingbo yesterday.

Commenting on the attack, Oba Odesanya said he was in his palace having a meeting with some monarchs when he heard gunshots.

He confirmed that his palace was attacked and vehicles in his compound vandalised by the hoodlums.

Oba Odesanya also confirmed that the attack on the town had been going on for sometime, saying that he does not know exactly what the hoodlums want.

The Oto monarch appealed to Governor Babatunde Fashola to come to the aid of the town by sending a police task force from Alausa to arrest the perpetrators.

He said the community is now living in fear as they do not know when the hoodlums will strike again.

Comments

×