BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

DHQ debunks formation of Caliphate by Boko Haram

Major-General Chris Olukolade, Defence spokesman
DHQ spokesman, Major-General Chris Olukolade
DHQ spokesman, Major-General Chris Olukolade

The military has debunked the claim of the leader of the insurgent group, Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau that it had formed a Caliphate in a northeast town seized by the earlier this month

In a statement on its website, the military said the claim was empty. “The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Nigerian state is still intact.”

“Any group of terrorists laying claim to any portion of the country will not be allowed to get away with the expression of delusion and crime,” it said.

It added that appropriate military operations to secure that area from the activities of the bandits was still ongoing.

Shekau had claimed in a new video obtained by news medium, AFP on Sunday that Gwoza in Borno had been placed under an Islamic Caliphate.

Comments

×