Hajj: Kebbi processes visa for 2,500 pilgrims
The Kebbi State Pilgrims Welfare Agency says it has processed travel visa for 2,500 state’s intending pilgrims to enable them travel to Saudi Arabia for this year’s Hajj this week.
Alhaji Abdullahi Shema, Executive Chairman of the agency told NAN in Birnin Kebbi on Monday that the processed visas were for five flights out of eight flights earmarked for the exercise.
The executive secretary added that the agency had contracted Max airline for the transportation of the pilgrims.
He said that the agency had subjected all intending pilgrims to a three-month orientation on how to perform Hajj and get acquainted with the rules and regulations of Saudi Arabian authorities.
Shema said that the exercise laid more emphasis on the laws against drug trafficking.

He said that the intending pilgrims were also screened against diseases, pregnancy and old age, noting that anybody body found to be having either of the conditions would be disqualified from the journey.
He said that pregnancy and disease test would be repeated at the point of departure, adding the newly constructed Ahmadu Bello International Airport would be used for the exercise.
He said that befitting accommodation had been secured closer to the two holy mosques in the cities of Mecca and Medina for the state’s pilgrims.
The executive secretary added that the agency had trained Hajj guides on how to handle pilgrims’ matters.
He said that medical team, including doctors, nurses and other relevant health experts had been constituted and would be provided with all the logistics for the success of the exercise.
NAN reports that a total of 4,179 intending pilgrims from the state are expected to perform this year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia.
Comments