Filling stations in Kuje resume sale of petrol
Some filling stations in Kuje Area Council in the FCT, have started selling Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) barely 48-hours after the suspension of the strike called by the unions in the oil sector.
The strike was called by members of the Petrol and Natural Gas Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and Nigeria Union of Petrol and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG).
The two unions called the strike to protest against the refusal of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), to address unresolved pension issues of NNPC staff.
NAN reports that the strike, which commenced on Monday, led to long queue at all the filing stations in Kuje Area Council.
NAN correspondent, who visited AA Rano and Harzman filling stations in the area on Saturday, observed that vehicles were moving gradually as petrol was being sold to motorists.
A taxi driver, Mr Wale Emanuel, told NAN that though he had been on the queue since the early hours of the morning, he was confident that he would be served.
“It has not been easy to buy fuel for the past two days; I have been on the queue since morning.
“But now that they have started selling petrol, I am sure I will soon he served,” he said.
Comments