26th August, 2015
The Kano State Pilgrims Welfare Board said 900 out of the state’s 5,602 intending pilgrims had been issued with visas by the Saudi Consul in Kano.
The Public Relations Officer of the Board, Alhaji Nuhu Badamasi, disclosed this in Kano on Wednesday.
He said the passports of the remaining 4, 702 pilgrims were being processed at the consulate for the issuance of visa.
Badamasi announced that transportation of the intending pilgrims would commence on Sept. 5, adding that the 5,602 pilgrims would be transported to Saudi Arabia by Max Airline. “
He said the board had completed arrangements to ensure that pilgrims performed the Hajj without hitches.
The public relations officer assured that the board had made adequate preparations for the intending pilgrims both in Nigeria and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
He, however, called on the intending pilgrims to come out early as soon as they were asked to report at the hajj camp for their onward journey to the Holy Land.
“The board will not tolerate a situation where pilgrims will stay at home while the aircraft is on ground waiting for them’’, he said.