27th November, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 30 new Judges for the Federal High Court on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.
This was announced in a press statement released on Friday by the National Judicial Council and signed by Soji Oye, its Acting Director, Information.
The new Judges will be sworn in by the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the National Judicial Council, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, GCON, on Wednesday, 2 December, 2015.
The new Judges and their states of origin are listed below.
S/NName of Candidate State Of Origin
1. Hon. Justice Yellin S. Bogoro-Dauchi State;
2. Rosemary O. Dugbo Oghoghorie-Delta State;
3. Taiwo Obayomi Taiwo-Ogun State;
4. Ibrahim Watila-Borno State;
5. Mallong Peter Hoommuk-Plateau State;
6. Isa Hamma Adama Dashen- Adamawa State;
7. Hassan Dikko-Kebbi State;
8. Jude Kanyioh Dagat- Kaduna State;
9. Olayinka Olusegun Tokode-Osun State;
10. Simon Akpah Amobeda,-Kogi State;
11. Jane Egienanwan Inyang-Cross River State;
12. Daniel Emeka Osiagor-Rivers State;
13. Prof. Chuka Austine Obiozor-Anambra State;
14. Iniekenimi Nicholas Oweib-Bayelsa State;
15. Hassan Muslim Sule-Zamfara State;
16. Hadiza Rabiu Shagari- Sokoto State;
17. Saleh Kogo Idrissa-Yobe State;
18. Joyce Obehi Abdulmalik-Edo State;
19. Hillary Ide Osho Oshomah-Edo State;
20. Fadima Murtala Aminu- Adamawa State;
21. Toyin Bolaji Adegoke-Kwara State;
22. James Kolawole Omotosho-Ogun State;
23. Nehizena Idemudia Ekunwe-Edo State;
24. Stephen Daylop Pam-Plateau State;
25. Akintayo Aluko-Ekiti State;
26. Dr. Nnamdi O. Dimgba-Abia State;
27. Emeka Nwite-Ebonyi State;
28. Abdulazeez M.Z. Anka-Zamfara State;
29. Abdu Dogo-FCT; and
30. Adamu Turaki Muhammed-Jigawa State.