Abducted Ikorodu schoolgirls yet to be released, Dep. Gov. visits school
Kazeem Ugbodaga


“For the abductors, I just want to appeal to them that they should see that the people with them are children who do not know anything and in the spirit of that and the fact that they also have their children, they should release the children to their parents. We appeal to their conscience that whatever reasons they might have for doing this, the children are innocent and we passionately appeal to them to release the children,” she said.
She further stated that “for the parents at home, they should just be calm, government is on top of the situation and we want to assure that with the combined efforts of security agencies, we will rescue these girls alive very soon. Again, as the Commissioner for Education and as a mother, I feel the pains of the parents and I like them to know that our hearts are with them and the state government under the leadership of his Excellency, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode will leave no stone unturned in ensuring the rescue of these girls very soon,” she added.
Proprietor of the School and Bishop of Remo Diocese of Anglican Church of Nigeria, Dr. Michael Fape, said government’s action and that of the security agencies were encouraging and assuring that the girls would soon be rescued.
Meanwhile, the Principal of the school, Ven. Olaoluwa Adeyemi has narrated how the gunmen gained entrance into the school to abduct three female students on Monday.

The principal, who spoke while the Lagos State Deputy Governor, Dr. Oluranti Adebule visited the school on Wednesday said the kidnappers gained access to the school premises through a deep hole they bore through the fence of the school.
He said after the kidnappers gained entrance, they started shooting in the air, and eventually overpowered the security personnel in the school.
The principal said the security officers of the school tried to fight them off but that the gunmen came with deadlier weapons as they went into the classroom and kidnapped three female students.
According to him, “the security guards in school tried to combat them but the weapons they came with were very heavy. They went into the classrooms; the students in fact put up a good fight but the kidnappers overpowered just about three students and whisked them away.”
He explained that the school authorities contacted the State Police Command for help and that the police responded promptly.
“Immediately, we called the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni because fortunately, I have his number and immediately the Governor was informed and within the space of two to three hours, the school was filled with security people.
“All the security agencies combed the environment here till morning. Apparently, we could not get them but since then, security people have been really working hard.
“Three children were involved and we have contacted their parents and tried to discuss with them and other security information are with the security agents,” he explained.
Comments