We’re doing everything possible to secure release of Chibok girls-FG

Lai Muhammed

Lai Muhammed

Lai Muhammed
Lai Muhammed
The Federal Government says it is doing everything possible to secure the release of the Chibok girls and put an end to the horrible saga of their abduction.

Reacting to the latest video of some of the girls, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said in a statement in Abuja on Sunday that the government was in touch with those purportedly behind the video.

”We are on top of the situation. But we are being extremely careful because the situation has been compounded by the split in the leadership of Boko Haram. We are also being guided by the need to ensure the safety of the girls.

Related News

”Since this is not the first time we have been contacted over the issue, we want to be doubly sure that those we are in touch with are who they claim to be,” he said.

Mohammed expressed the hope that the latest development would signal the beginning of the end of the nightmare to which the girls, their families and indeed all Nigerians had been subjected since the unfortunate abduction.