CLI: Waste Collection Operators begins Commercial Operations March 1
Quick Read
The Lagos State Government has forged ahead with its plan to reassign the erstwhile PSP operators, now known as Waste Collection Operators from domestic waste collection to commercial waste collection as the operators are billed to officially commence evacuation of commercial waste on Thursday, 1 March, 2018.

The Lagos State Government has forged ahead with its plan to reassign the erstwhile PSP operators, now known as Waste Collection Operators from domestic waste collection to commercial waste collection as the operators are billed to officially commence evacuation of commercial waste on Thursday, 1 March, 2018.
The Commissioner for the Environment, Mr. Babatunde Durosinmi-Etti disclosed this in Alausa on Tuesday.
Durosinmi-Etti stated that the move was meant to ensure that challenges being experienced in Waste Management across the State at present were reduced drastically in the shortest possible time, adding that the Lagos State Government was committed to the removal of all problems militating against efficient waste management in the State.
He said that over 300 Waste Collection Operators had been licensed to evacuate waste from commercial premises sequel to the publication on 17th February 2017 of the Expression Of Interest (EOI) on the recertification of commercial waste operation in Lagos State.
He said that over 300 Waste Collection Operators, having met all the requirements were re-certified and subsequently licensed, stressing that others re-certified but not licensed had till 7 March, 2018 to complete the requirements and obtain operating licenses which are a sine –qua- non for commercial waste operation in Lagos State.
The environment commissioner enjoined all stakeholders to ensure that their premises were serviced by licensed operators only.
Comments