7th April, 2020
Seven Coronavirus patients have recovered in Abuja and discharged after testing negative for the disease twice.
Abuja has 48 confirmed Coronavirus case and two deaths, according to the NCDC as at Monday.
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Muhammad Bello disclosed this on Tuesday, saying that seven people who had been on treatment for COVID-19 at the Isolation Centre in Abuja had tested negative twice.
The minister, in a statement said since the outbreak of the first COVID-19 case in the FCT, he had been kept abreast daily on the condition of the patients.
“I am delighted to announce that the first set of patients, totaling seven, are ready to be discharged, after their final tests results returned negative.
“Also, our dedicated and exceptional medical staff are doing their best to ensure the recovery and discharge of the remaining 39 patients. We cannot thank them enough for their efforts and we will always continue to encourage and support them,” he said.
Bello said the FCTA was fully committed to fighting this Pandemic and that “we are not sparing any resources at our disposal in ensuring effective containment of the virus, and also in protecting the welfare of our people. And as long as we remain united in this fight, we will surely emerge victorious.”
He added that as part of measures put in place in addressing this pandemic, an emergency call centre was fully operational 24/7 on the following numbers: 08099936312, 08099936313 and 112.
Bello said to support the effort of the NCDC, a collection centre had been established and could be reached on the following numbers: 09062433363, 09062433565.
He enjoined Abuja residents to continue to diligently abide by the COVID-19 preventive guidelines, while thanking them for the high level of compliance to the lockdown so far.