5th October, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Justice Baba Yusuf as Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
This was according to a 4 October letter transmitted to the Senate and read at plenary on Tuesday, by Deputy President of the Senate, Ovie Omo-Agege.
In the letter, Buhari explained that the request for the confirmation of Yusuf was in accordance with the provision of Section 256(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigerian 1999 (as amended).
here are some 12 quick facts about the FCT chief judge nominee:
1. He was born in June 1962 in Ankpa Kogi state
2. His full name is Baba Hussein Yusuf
3. He went to Sacred Heart Primary School from 1965-1971
4. He attended St. Charles Secondary School 1972-1976
5. He studied law at University of Lagos 1980-1983 and went to the Law School 1983-1984.
6. Before going to UNILAG, Baba worked in Bank of the North as a statement clerk 1976-77
7. He returned to the bank after graduation to become a vetting officer 1984-85
8. He returned to legal profession in 1985 as Magistrate Grade 2 in Kogi (1985-87)
9. He became the chief registrar Kogi state judiciary in 1992-93
10. He became deputy chief registrar High Court of Justice Abuja, 1993-98
11. He became high court judge 1998.
12. He was acting as Chief judge of the FCT when he was nominated to the substantive post