3rd December, 2021
Davido’s new whip the Rolls Royce Cullinan is now in the singer’s garage in Lagos, at a whopping cost of almost N240 million.
Davido made his millions of fans twice aware of the vehicle, first on 20 May, when he tweeted his purchase of the car.
“We rise by lifting others but don’t forget to reward yourself!!! WHO DEY ZUZU!! Just copped my first RR!! God is good! I’m forever grateful to y’all!! ❤️ … oh yea 2021 BTW.
Then in November, he asked his fans and friends to donate money towards the clearing of the car. His target was N100 million. But he ended up raising over N200 million.
The whole money, along with N50M of his own will now go to orphanages in Nigeria.
As the whip joins the fleet in his garage, here are some facts about the luxury SUV, produced by Rolls Royce.
1.Rolls Royce Cullinan is the first Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) for all terrains produced by Rolls Royce, makers of limousine-like sedans such as Phantom and Ghost.
2. This mammoth machine gets its name fittingly from a gigantic diamond, considering its overwhelming opulence and ultra-expensive price.
3. Rolls Royce touts the machine capable of gliding over any terrain, whatever challenge the environment presents.
“Wherever you dare to go. Handle any adventure with absolute authority in the most capable Rolls-Royce ever created”.
4. A unique aluminium spaceframe underpins Cullinan, along with new Rolls-Royce chassis technology, to deliver the signature Rolls-Royce magic carpet ride. The driving experience is peerless,
5. The back seat feels as spacious as a living room, and the Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament broadcasts the size of the owner’s bank account, says CarandDriver.com.
6. The RR Cullinan is one of the most luxurious SUVs on this planet and sits at the top. It is truly the Rolls-Royce of SUVs with a refinement that can’t be matched
7. The engine bay is filled with a twin-turbo 6.7-liter V12 engine that produces 563 horsepower. The noise from the Cullinan engine is the same as the sound of the tick of a clock.
8. The car can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds.
9. All-wheel drive is standard. It rides on air suspension that receives information from a road-scanning camera and automatically adjusts the vehicle’s height to compensate for the standards of regular luxury vehicles.
10. Standard safety systems in the 2021 Rolls Royce Cullinan include forward-collision warning and automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control.
11. Rolls Royce Cullinan interior is the same as that of the 2021 Rolls Royce Phantom.
12. The car’s drawback is that it is awkwardly shaped, with some inelegant interior bits. For instance, its regular back seat lacks adjustability.
13.The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2021 Rolls Royce Cullinan will start from $340,350.
12. The landing price in Nigeria will be above N230,000,000 .
*Qiuick Facts with help from sellatease.com