5th March, 2022
Italian police have seized property worth 143 million euros (over $150 million USD) from five Russian oligarchs as a result of the war in Ukraine.
Property seized included villas, houses and yachts, according to a statement from Italian police on Saturday.
The seizure was carried out on Friday by the Special Unit of the Financial Police, in collaboration with the Economic and Financial Police Unit of Imperia and the Aeronaval Operational Department of Genoa.
According to CNN, the five Russian oligarchs affected and assets seized from them are:
- Alexey Alexandrovits Mordaschov: yacht Lady M, located in the port of Imperia, worth approximately 65 million euros (about $71 million)
- Gennady Nikolayevich Timchenko: yacht Lena, located in the port of San Remo, worth approximately 50 million euros (about $55 million)
- Alisher Usmanov: real estate compendium located in Golfo del Pevero in Arzachena, worth approximately 17 million euros (about $18 million)
- Vladimir Roudolfovitch Soloviev: properties located in the province of Como worth approximately 8 million euros (about $8.7 million)
- Oleg Savchenko: seventeenth-century villa named “Villa Lazzareschi” located in the province of Lucca, worth about 3 million euros (about $3.3 million)