14th May, 2022
Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, has lost his Chief of Staff Dr. Ali Haruna Makoda to the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).
Makoda dumped APC and defected to NNPP after he met with former Kano State Governor Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso at his Miller Road home in Kano on Friday night.
The Chief of Staff defected to NNPP with other Kano political bigwigs which include;
1. Member House of Representatives Danbatta/Makoda, Hon Badamasi Ayyuba
2. Member House of Assembly Danbatta, Alhaji Murtala Sule Kore.
3. Chairman Makoda LGA, Alh Mamuda
4. APC Chairman of Danbatta, Alhaji Musa Sansan.
5. APC North Kano Youth Leader Najib Abdussalam.
Makoda had earlier tendered his resignation in April but the letter was rejected by Governor Ganduje.
The APC Kano now appears to be fallen apart with the NNPP reaping all the rewards.
The newly created NNPP now has 15 lawmakers in the Kano House of Assembly with APC having 24 and just one seat for PDP.
With more reports of looming defections, Ganduje and other top APC officials must now act fast to save the ruling party in Kano.