22nd May, 2022
The English Premier League title is still in the balance, the second time in three seasons that either Liverpool or Manchester City can claim the crown on the final day of the season.
Liverpool host Wolves knowing that a win is vital, while City welcome Aston Villa to the Etihad Stadium.
If City claim three points, the title is theirs, but if they drop points to Steven Gerrard’s side, then Liverpool will have the opportunity to win their second Premier League with a win against Wolves.
However, it’s not likely, and the Reach supercomputer has given City a 73 percent chance of retaining their title, reports Mirror.
Therefore on the final day, Liverpool only have a 27 percent chance of causing an upset, with their fate heavily relying on Villa rather than it being in their own hands.
It may be a slim chance, but the computer predicts that Arsenal have a slightly higher chance of climbing back into the top four.
Arsenal have handed over the top four privileges to their bitter north London rivals Tottenham, and it looks as though Antonio Conte’s side will be playing Champions League football next season.
After losing to both Tottenham and Newcastle, Arsenal have to hope that Norwich can cause an upset while they beat Everton on Sunday.
Tottenham must lose against Norwich at Carrow Road, while Arsenal need to beat an Everton side who have just secured their Premier League status, to get back into the top four.
However, the Gunners have only been given a 29 percent chance of achieving this, with Tottenham 71 percent favourites to finish fourth.
The battle for relegation is slightly closer though, with Burnley and Leeds battling it out for survival after Everton confirmed their Premier League status on Thursday.
The pair are tied on 35 points, but due to Burnley’s superior goal difference, Leeds must better their result in order to stay up.