BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Updated: Kidnapped Methodist Church Prelate, Uche released [Video]

Samuel Kalu Uche Methodist Prelate
Samuel Kalu Uche Methodist Prelate

Quick Read

Uche and others were kidnapped on Sunday in Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia. They were abducted while they were on their way from a programme in the council area.

Prelate of the Methodist Church Nigeria, His Eminence Samuel Kalu Uche has reportedly been released by his abductors.

He was released along with two others on Monday evening.

Others released along with him are: the Bishop of Owerri, Rt. Rev. Dennis Mark and the Prelate’s Chaplain

They were kidnapped on Sunday in Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia.

They were abducted while they were on their way from a programme in the council area.

The Methodist Prelate Samuel Kalu Uche, middle and the other priests kidnapped with him
The Methodist Prelate Samuel Kalu Uche, middle and the other priests kidnapped with him

The spokesman, Abia State Police Command, Geoffrey Ogbonna confirmed to PM NEWS that Uche had been released by his captors.

Ogbonna said he and others were released on Monday evening, but said the details were not available yet.

Later a video surfaced online, showing the Prelate in a dance of joy with church members.

Earlier, the kidnappers had demanded N100 million ransom to set the prelate and others free.

The Secretary of the Conference, the Rt. Revd. (Dr.) Michael Akinwale confirmed the demand in a statement issued to newsmen on Monday.

He appealed to all parishioners to rise up and help in raising the N100 million ransom.

The secretary released the account particulars as follows: “Name: Methodist Church Nigeria. Account Number : 2000041229.Bank: First Bank.”

The statement read in part: “The devastating news of the abduction of our Prelate, the Bishop of Owerri, and the Prelate’s Chaplain has left everybody in shock.

“This is a period of trial in which the Church must cry out that ‘The Lord that answereth by Fire’ must be our God to destroy all the manipulations of the adversary.

“Let us all arise and cry out to the Lord! As we engage in Prayer Warfare, this serves to notify you that the abductors have demanded a ransom of N100m.

“In view of the urgency and the dire need to arrest the situation for the safety of our Prelate and other abductees, it has become imperative to seek your URGENT RESPONSE to raise the N100m ransom.

“The safety of the Prelate and other abductees must be of paramount concern to all, and your contributions spiritually and monetarily shall not go unrewarded.”

Comments

×