6th June, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has formally inaugurated 18 sub-committees to handle various activities at its presidential primary election slated for June 6 to 8.
APC national chairman Abdullahi Adamu inaugurated the committees behind closed doors at its national secretariat on Sunday in Abuja.
Although the APC presidential primary election is slated for June 6 to 8, delegates will vote for their preferred aspirants on June 7.
Meanwhile, delegates have started arriving Abuja ahead of the election as the party’s national secretariat, located on Blantyre Street in Wuse 2
The list of committees, with their members is below.
1. Finance and Logistics – Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos.
2. Accreditation and Decoration – Prince Dapo Abiodun, governor of Ogun.
3. Security and Compliance – Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo.
Co-chair: Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, former minister of interior.
4. Election Planning – Abubakar Bagudu, governor of Kebbi
Co-chair: Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo.
5. Transportation –Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano
Deputy: Ramatu Aliyu, minister of state for the Federal Capital Territory.
6. Accommodation – Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno
Co-chair: Gboyega Oyetola, governor of Osun.
7. Media and Publicity- Abdullahi Sule, governor of Nasarawa
8. Medicals – Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment
Co-chair: Isaac Adewole, former minister of health
9. Legal: Abubakar Malami, attorney general of the federation
10. Venue and Site Servicing: Bello Matawalle, governor of Zamfara
Co-chair: Mohammed Bello, minister of the Federal Capital Territory.
11. Election Appeal – Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe.
12. Hospitality and Welfare – Simon Lalong, governor of Plateau.
Co-chair: Sadiya Farouq, minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development.
13. Protocols – Aminu Masari, governor of Katsina.
14. Digital Communications – AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, governor of Kwara.
15. Pre-Convention and Management/ Rapporteur – Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna.
Co-chair: Dame Pauline Tallen, minister of women affairs.
16. Presidential Screening Appeal – Abubakar Bello, governor of Niger.
Co-chair: Ahmed Wase, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives.
17. Accreditation of Diplomats – Ovie Omo-Agege, Deputy President of the Senate.
Co-chair: Geoffrey Onyeama, minister for foreign affairs.
18. Governor Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe is to chair the party’s budget committee while finance minister Zainab Ahmed will serve as the committee co-chair.