10th August, 2022
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, at the end of the Church’s Ministers’ Conference on Sunday, announced some changes in the leadership of the church, following the retirement of old pastors. The church is currently holding its Convention to mark its 70th anniversary.
Here are 15 facts about the restructuring of the church:
1. The Convention is to mark the 70th anniversary of the church, founded by Pa Josiah Akindayomi from Ondo town
2. Pastors who are over 70 years old are to retire
2. Pastor Joseph Obayemi, the Church’s National Overseer retired
3. The Church to inject younger clergy into the leadership of the church.
4. Pastor Sunday Akande is to replace Obayemi as the RCCG National Overseer
5. All churches in the camp would henceforth report to Akande
6. He will also represent Pastor Adeboye on special assignments.
7. Pastor Kalu Ndukwe will serve as the Overseer of the Africa Continent.
8. The position of national overseer of the church will now be on a two-year tenure basis
9. The pastor occupying the position will operate from the Redemption Camp.
10. The portfolio of Pastor Johnson Odesola, who was in charge of Administration and Personnel of the Church is now split into two.
11. His twin portfolios will now be taken over by Julius Olalekan to be in charge of Personnel
12. Pastor Dele Balogun will take charge of Administration.
13. Balogun, born in 1968, was a professor at Olabisi Onabanjo University
14. Redemption Camp will henceforth be called a city, just like the Vatican City
15. The ring road in the Camp is now named after the founder of the church, Pastor Josiah Akindayomi