BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Army debunks deployment of soldiers at FG, NLC meeting venue

Ribadu who spoke at the inauguration of US-Nigeria Joint Working Group said the cooperation has translated into tangible operational gains
National Security Adviser (NSA), Nuhu Ribadu

Quick Read

The army urged members of the public to disregard what it described as deliberate and misleading falsehood being peddled about the presence of the escorts at the meeting.

By Sumaila Ogbaje

The Nigerian Army has debunked claims by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) that soldiers had surrounded the venue of the meeting between the Federal Government and organised labour on Monday night.

The army, in a post on its official X handle on Monday, said the soldiers at the venue were military escorts attached to the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

It said the NSA, who was also attending the meeting, arrived at the venue with his retinue of statutorily approved military escorts.

According to the statement, once the meeting is over, the escorts will lead the NSA from the venue.

The army urged members of the public to disregard what it described as deliberate and misleading falsehood being peddled about the presence of the escorts at the meeting.

“The attention of Army Headquarters has been drawn to a false breaking news by NLC alleging that soldiers currently surround the venue of the ongoing meeting between NLC and the SGF.

“Kindly note that the NSA, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who is also attending the meeting, arrived at the meeting venue with his retinue of statutorily approved military escorts.

“Once the meeting is over, the escorts will lead the NSA from the venue,” it said.

The NLC had earlier made a post on its X handle alleging that soldiers were surrounding the venue of the meeting between them and government at the premises of the SGF.

Comments

×