Lagos now records 24 cholera deaths
Quick Read
Abayomi who disclosed this via his Instagram handle on Friday, also said 35 cholera cases across the 20 Local Government Areas had been confirmed among the 417 suspected cases.
The cholera death toll in Lagos has now has risen to 24, says the Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi.
Abayomi who disclosed this via his Instagram handle on Friday, also said 35 cholera cases across the 20 Local Government Areas had been confirmed among the 417 suspected cases.
Abayomi said: “Let’s adhere strictly to personal and environmental hygiene. Let’s stay safe #ForAGreaterLagos”
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has also said there is a spike in cholera in several regions of the world. The global body said there are almost 195,000 cases and over 1,900 deaths reported in 24 countries since the start of this year.
The agency’s Eastern Mediterranean Region is said to have reported the highest number of cases, followed by the African Region, the Region of the Americas, the Southeast Asia Region, and the European Region.
But WHO, in a statement on Thursday, stated that there were no reported cases in the Western Region, according to its bulletin released on Wednesday.
Comments