BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Two soldiers killed in fresh Boko Haram attack on Borno military base

MNJTF
File photo: Terrorists.

Quick Read

He said  the Air Component provided immediate Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and offensive fire support. He said the terrorists whose number had dwindled after some of them had been killed, had to flee.

Two soldiers were killed in a Tuesday attack by Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists on the location of troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) in New Marte, Borno State.

This was revealed in a statement by the Acting Deputy Director Army Public Relations, OPHK, Captain Reuben Kovangiva. But he added that the attack was was repelled by a combined effort of ground forces and the Air Component of OPHK.

He also said scores of the attackers were killed as troops faced with them  with a heavy gunfire.

He said  the Air Component provided immediate Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and offensive fire support. He said the terrorists whose number had dwindled after some of them had been killed, had to flee.

According to Kongiwa, troops recovered one Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) SUV abandoned by the terrorists while being pursued. They also destroyed several motorcycles conveying the hoodlums.

Kongiwa also said  troops also repelled an attempt by terrorists to attack the Forward Operating Base at Kumshe.

The collaborative effort demonstrates the renewed jointness and team spirit in the fight against terrorism, geared towards bringing lasting peace to enable socio-economic activities thrive in the North East region,” he said.

Comments

×