BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
News

Keyamo orders NCAA to place Kwam 1 on No-Fly list over Airport showdown

NCAA
KWAM 1 in trouble

Quick Read

The altercation reportedly saw Kwam 1 physically obstruct a ValueJet aircraft from taxiing by moving back and forth on the tarmac, effectively blocking the aircraft’s path to the runway. This conduct, the minister noted, amounted to a “hostage situation.”

By Kazeem Ugbodaga

Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has ordered that Fuji musician King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal (popularly known as Kwam 1) be placed on a no-fly list.

This follows a chaotic altercation involving him and the crew of ValueJet at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

In a statement released on X (formerly Twitter) on Thursday, Keyamo described the incident, which occurred on Tuesday, August 5, 2025, as “a case of temporary loss of sanity and control on both sides,” adding that the situation could have led to serious fatalities.

“From all the details so far received, my preliminary impression is that it was obviously a case of temporary loss of sanity and control on both sides which could have led to serious fatalities,” Keyamo stated.

The altercation reportedly saw Kwam 1 physically obstruct a ValueJet aircraft from taxiing by moving back and forth on the tarmac, effectively blocking the aircraft’s path to the runway. This conduct, the minister noted, amounted to a “hostage situation.”

“Contrary to what the agents of Kwam 1 have said, he constantly moved his position on the tarmac to actually block the aircraft from taxiing to take position on the runway for take-off,” Keyamo said.

“This is totally unacceptable behaviour. It is the physical blockage of the aircraft from taxiing that is the reprehensible conduct here which is akin to a hostage situation.”

While condemning Kwam 1’s actions, Keyamo also faulted the ValueJet pilot and captain, accusing them of ignoring standard safety protocols by attempting to taxi while the musician was still on the tarmac.

“No amount of provocation should make the Captain and Pilot of an aircraft begin to taxi without ensuring that the security personnel have safely moved an unruly passenger away,” he said.

Keyamo stressed that both parties violated international aviation safety rules, particularly those set by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

Following the incident, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) suspended the licences of the pilot and captain involved.

While commending the NCAA for swift action, the minister criticised the apparent imbalance in sanctions.

“I commend them for their proactive action. However, I have also questioned their sense of justice in only acting against one party and not the other party. What applies to the goose must also to the gander,” Keyamo said.

Consequently, Keyamo directed the NCAA to immediately place Kwam 1 on a no-fly list, pending the outcome of a full investigation.

He warned all airlines, both domestic and international, to comply strictly with the directive or face severe consequences.

“All airlines, both domestic and international, should immediately be informed of this directive, and anyone who flouts it risks withdrawal of their operating licence,” the minister warned.

The minister also confirmed receipt of video footage of the incident, which he said corroborated the reports of Kwam 1’s aggressive conduct.

 

Comments

×