BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Bloodbath in Kebbi, Abia as police gun down kidnappers

Police
Police operatives

Quick Read

No fewer than five suspected kidnappers have been gunned down by police operatives in separate sting operations across Kebbi and Abia States.

No fewer than five suspected kidnappers have been gunned down by police operatives in separate sting operations across Kebbi and Abia States.

Force PRO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said on Tuesday that five victims were also rescued, while a heavy cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the criminals.

According to him, in Kebbi State, three villagers, Muhammad Nasamu Namata, 25; Gide Namata, 20; and Hamidu Alhaji Namani, 35, who were abducted from Sangara Village, Shanga LGA, on July 27, regained freedom after operatives stormed Shanga Hills and engaged their abductors in a fierce gun duel.

The kidnappers reportedly fled with bullet wounds, leaving the victims behind.

Adejobi added that two other victims, Tukur Bello, 26, and Isyaka Abubakar, 25, were rescued in Danko/Wasagu LGA during a patrol on August 15. The duo had been kidnapped on August 9 while grazing cattle in Gairi Forest, Zamfara State.

In Abia, operatives stormed a hideout at Umuiku Obete Village, Ukwa West LGA, following credible intelligence.

The hoodlums, said to be terrorising Umuozo Village and Uratta Road, opened fire on the police but were overpowered. Five of them were killed on the spot.

Items recovered from the den included six AK-47 rifles, 335 rounds of live ammunition, 14 magazines, five mobile phones, three cutlasses, operational jackets, charms, and a double-barrel gun.

Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, commended the officers for their bravery and charged them to sustain the heat against criminals.

Comments

×