BREAKING: Suspect shot dead inside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Secure Perimeter named

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Osun man arrested for serial defilement of 12-year-old neighbour’s daughter

The mother of the girl uncovered the act after she discovered a whitish slimy substance on her daughter’s underwear while doing laundry, Osun Police Command spokesperson, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi said
Pictorial representation of Rape

Quick Read

The mother of the girl uncovered the act after she discovered a whitish slimy substance on her daughter’s underwear while doing laundry, Osun Police Command spokesperson, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi said

By Olajide Idowu

A 50-year-old man has been arrested in Ilesa town, Osun State, over alleged serial defilement of a 12-year-old girl with N200 as gift after each act.

“The mother of the girl uncovered the act after she discovered a whitish slimy substance on her daughter’s underwear while doing laundry, Osun Police Command spokesperson, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi said in a statement on Friday.

The victim revealed the abuse by the suspect, who is their neighbour to the mother upon questioning her.

She said the suspect was arrested after the victim’s mother reported the incident at Ilesa Police Divisional Headquarters.

“The Police Command in Osun State wishes to inform the general public that following a complaint on Nov. 16, a case of defilement was reported at ‘C’ Divisional Headquarters Ilesa area against a 50-year-old man.

“The report was lodged by the mother of the 12 years old girl, who is the victim, as she discovered a whitish slimy substance on her daughter’s underwear while doing laundry.

“Upon questioning, the victim opened up that the suspect, who is their neighbour, had carnal knowledge of her,” the statement said.

The statement said upon receipt of the report, the police immediately took the girl to an approved medical facility for medical examination.

“It was discovered that the girl has been sexually assaulted, including forceful penetration,” it said.

The statement said the case was subsequently referred to family and gender unit of the State Criminal Investigation Department.
It stated that the victim had been taken to a succour centre for continued medical care, where she was confirmed to be malnourished from home.

The statement said upon further investigation, it was discovered the assault reported was not the first, as the suspect had been defiling the victim since July, 2025.

It said the suspect exploited the vulnerable condition of the victim’s mother, who is a widow with no stable source of livelihood.

“The suspect reportedly gave the victim N200 after each act, for her to buy food.

“The State Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Gotan, condemns this disturbing act and all forms of child abuse, molestation and exploitation,” the statement said.

Gotam urged parents and guardians to be vigilant and report any suspicion to the nearest police station and relevant authorities.

“Together, we can protect our children and uphold justice,” it added.

(NAN)

Comments

×