BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Entertainment

Diddy’s mum explodes over Netflix docuseries, says it will damage family name

Diddy

Quick Read

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ mother, Janice Combs, has slammed Netflix over its new four-part docuseries on her son, calling it a deliberate attempt to damage their family name.

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ mother, Janice Combs, has slammed Netflix over its new four-part docuseries on her son, calling it a deliberate attempt to damage their family name.

The series, Sean Combs: The Reckoning, dropped on December 2, but Janice is not having it.

In a statement to Deadline, she said the project is packed with “lies” and “inaccuracies” about Sean’s upbringing.

“I am writing this statement to correct some of the lies presented in the Netflix, Sean Combs: The Reckoning,” she said. “These inaccuracies regarding my son Sean’s upbringing and family life is intentionally done to mislead viewers and further harm our reputation.”

One of the biggest claims she dismissed came from the first episode, which revisits the 1991 City College tragedy where nine people died in a stampede during Sean’s charity basketball event.

In the film, Sean’s former friend and colleague, Kirk Burrowes, claimed he saw Sean slap his mother that day. Janice fired back instantly.

“The allegations stated by Mr. Kirk Burrows [sic] that my son slapped me… are inaccurate and patently false,” she said.

She accused Burrowes of dragging a national tragedy into “fake narratives” to fuel what she called his “failed and current attempt to gain what was never his — Bad Boy Records.”

Janice is demanding a public retraction.

In the docuseries, Burrowes claimed Sean called his mother a derogatory name and hit her during a tense moment after the incident. A title card notes that Sean, 56, did not respond to filmmakers’ requests for comment.

The documentary arrives on the heels of Sean’s legal troubles. The former music mogul is currently serving a 50-month sentence after his conviction on prostitution-related charges. He is also facing several sexual assault lawsuits.

A day before the series premiered, Sean’s spokesperson, Juda Engelmayer, blasted it as a “shameful hit piece” and accused Netflix of using “stolen footage” that Sean had been gathering since he was 19 to tell his own story.

“For Netflix to give his life story to someone who has publicly attacked him for decades feels like an unnecessary and deeply personal affront,” Engelmayer said, referring to producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.

On the slap allegation, Engelmayer said the team would not respond to every claim in the documentary, insisting many people involved have “personal grievances” or “financial motives.”

He also said several of the allegations had already been addressed in court filings or were never presented anywhere because they were “simply not true.”

According to him, the series is a “one-sided narrative” filled with unverified claims.

Comments

×