Why we are not disclosing details of US airstrikes – Nigeria Police
Quick Read
“We engage a lot in intelligence gathering, not just intelligence sharing. As the Police Force, we know certain things about the strikes, but we don’t want to talk about them. Hundeyin said.
The Nigeria Police Force says it has information on the United States airstrikes against terrorists in Sokoto State, but will not release details to the public.
Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Benjamin Hundeyin, stated this on Tuesday during Channels Television’s Politics Today, explaining that the police would not comment on the operation.
“We engage a lot in intelligence gathering, not just intelligence sharing. As the Police Force, we know certain things about the strikes, but we don’t want to talk about them. We decline to talk about that particular operation,” Hundeyin said.
He added that the operation involved cooperation with other agencies but should be addressed by defence authorities.
“There was a cooperation, but we would rather leave it as a defence matter that the defence would talk about,” he added.
The remarks follow US airstrikes carried out in Sokoto State on December 25, 2025, which the US Department of Defence said killed “multiple ISIS terrorists” and were conducted at the request of the Nigerian government.
US President Donald Trump announced the operation on his Truth Social platform, describing it as “a powerful and deadly strike against ISIS Terrorist Scum in Northwest Nigeria,” targeting militants “who had been primarily attacking innocent Christians.”
Comments