BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Metro

Sacked Met Officer Doyle charged with rape, abuse, misconduct

London

Quick Read

He was initially arrested on June 24, 2024, and immediately suspended from duty pending investigations. Following internal disciplinary proceedings, Doyle was dismissed from the Metropolitan Police on December 10, 2024, after a hearing held in private due to the ongoing criminal case.

By Kazeem Ugbodaga

A former officer of the Metropolitan Police is set to appear in court after being charged with multiple serious sexual and criminal offences spanning more than a decade.

The ex-officer, John Doyle, 53, who was previously attached to the Met’s Specialist Firearms Command, was charged by postal requisition on Wednesday, February 4, 2026.

According to the charges, Doyle faces five counts of rape, one count of assault by penetration, two counts of coercive and controlling behaviour, two counts of actual bodily harm, four counts of grievous bodily harm with intent, two counts of misconduct in public office, and one count of possession of extreme pornography.

The alleged offences are said to have occurred between 2012 and 2024 and relate to a single victim.

Doyle is expected to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, February 11.

He was initially arrested on June 24, 2024, and immediately suspended from duty pending investigations. Following internal disciplinary proceedings, Doyle was dismissed from the Metropolitan Police on December 10, 2024, after a hearing held in private due to the ongoing criminal case.

The Met has said the dismissal reflects its zero-tolerance stance on serious misconduct and criminal behaviour within its ranks.

Comments

×