BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...
Headlines

Two arrested over murder, burning of corpse of woman in Lagos

Lagos police
Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Moshood Jimoh

Quick Read

The victim, originally from Nasarawa State, was allegedly attacked and set ablaze in a premeditated act orchestrated by her estranged boyfriend and accomplices on May 24, 2025

By Deborah Akpede

Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder and burning of a young woman in the ‘Gangare’ area near the canal behind Mile 12 Market of Lagos State.

The victim, originally from Nasarawa State, was allegedly attacked and set ablaze in a premeditated act orchestrated by her estranged boyfriend and accomplices on May 24, 2025, according to Lagos Police Command spokesperson, CSP Benjamin Hundeyin confirmed this in a statement on Monday in Lagos.

Hundeyin also dismissed the claim that the murder has to do with the alleged blasphemy.

The police noted that the deceased had been living in the area with relatives from the northern part of the country, and her exact occupation remains unknown.

“Facts from preliminary investigations clearly revealed that she is from Nasarawa State and not a Yoruba woman.

”The protracted problem between her and her boyfriend, now at large, who tried to forcefully rekindle their relationship, led to the conspiracy.

“The boyfriend, along with other suspects, two of whom are now in custody, planned and executed the attack,” he said.

According to him, investigation is being intensified to apprehend the boyfriend and the other suspects still at large.

He said that the suspects were currently in custody at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), where they were assisting the police detectives and investigators in efforts to apprehend other perpetrators involved in the murder.

The PPRO assured the public that normalcy had been fully restored in the affected slum and other areas in Mile 12 area.

“Lagos residents are encouraged not to panic. They should go about their lawful activities peacefully without apprehension. While awaiting the outcome of the investigation which will certainly be made public.

“People are implored to exercise restraint and refrain from spreading unverified information that may cause unnecessary fear, ” he said.

According to the spokesperson, the command remains committed to ensuring the safety and security of all residents and will continue to provide timely updates as the investigation progresses.
(NAN)

Comments

×