IED explosion kills son of CJTF leader in Borno community
Quick Read
He said the victim was returning from the farm with his father, Usman Abubakar, the head of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) in Monguno, when he stepped on the device.
By Hamza Suleiman
A 13-year old boy returning from a farm with his father has been killed in an explosion of improvised explosive device (IED) suspected to be planted by Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in Monguno Local Government Area of Borno State.
Nahun Daso, the spokesperson for Borno Police Command confirmed the incident in Maiduguri on Monday
He said the explosive device suspected to have been planted by the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists went off at Kawuram community, Monguno, on Sunday.
He said the victim was returning from the farm with his father, Usman Abubakar, the head of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) in Monguno, when he stepped on the device.
“The explosion fatally injured the teenager. A military Forward Operating Base (FOB) was alerted, and a combined team of the military, Police EOD-CBRN, police patrol team, CJTF and hunters visited the scene.
“The area was cordoned, searched and rendered safe for other users. No other unexploded devices were found.
“The victim was evacuated to the General Hospital in Monguno where he later died while receiving treatment,” he said.
According to him, the corpse has been released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.
He added that security had been reinforced in the area.(NAN)
Comments