Tag: Nationwide protest
‘Nationwide protest, a plot for violence, chaos’, Kano students’ council says
The Chairman of the council, Yahaya Kabo said this at a news conference on Sunday in Kano while calling on…
Protest: Kebbi youths withdraw, stage peaceful demonstration
The over 100 youth associations noted that the nationwide protest is being planned by faceless individuals while affirming their loyalty…
Police: Boko Haram plotting to infiltrate nationwide protest
DSP Dungus Abdulkarim, the spokesperson of the Yobe Police Command in the statement said intelligence indicated that foreign mercenaries have…
‘Shelve protest, pray for Nigeria’ – Northern Disability Forum
Sulaiman who said the group prayed for the economic hardship and insecurity bedeviling the nation added that his members have…
‘Stop playing master puppeteer,’ Presidency challenges Peter Obi to lead protest
The Labour Party presidential candidate had told journalists in Abia State on Sunday that there is nothing wrong if Nigerians…
Why I won’t join August 1 protest – Portable
Portable said he faced criticism for his decision and for participating in the EndSARS protests in 2020.
Shettima to Nigerians: Don’t dance to tune of anarchists, idiots
Noting that the masterminds of the proposed nationwide protest were operating from outside the shores of the country, the Vice…
Violent protests, inimical to national development – Orelope-Adefulire
The possibility of the protest escalating into uncontrollable crises necessitates a cautious approach," Princess Orelope-Adefulire affirmed while maintaining that meaningful…
Protest, a covert attempt to truncate democracy, says Fani- Kayode
The former Minister said while there nothing wrong with a peaceful demonstration and a lawful legitimate protest, attempt by some…
Ogun youth group pulls out of nationwide protest after meeting with Abiodun
OYA Chairman, Barr Habib White while speaking at the press conference agreed that the nation is at a critical and…
Kwankwaso to Nigerians: Seek change through ballot box, not protests
Kwankwaso said this in a statement he personally signed and made available to newsmen on Saturday in kano in reaction…
Lagos govt, security agencies say no to nationwide protest
By Moses Omorogieva The Lagos Government, Nigeria Police Force and sister security agencies have said they would not allow the…
Protest: Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to convene stakeholders’ meeting
The lawmaker who said this while lamenting loss of lives and properties during the EndSARS therefore passed a resolution urging…
Northern Yoruba Youths disassociate self from protest
The Communique reads: "The meeting resolved that no Yoruba youth, whether in Nigeria or abroad, particularly those in the South…
Wike: Why we will not allow protest in FCT
Wike therefore said FCT will not be available for protesters on Aug. 1. as the date had been set aside…
Mixed reactions trail planned nationwide protest
A civil servant at the state secretariat, Mrs Toyin Olutimilehin, said the protest might not be positive for the polity…
‘Give Tinubu more time’ – Nwosu begs Nigerians to shun protest
Nwosu, a former Chief of Staff to former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, made this appeal in Abuja on Thursday.
Afenifere declares support for organizers of planned protest
The pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organization, Afenifere, on Thursday declared its support for theplanned August 1 nationwide protest against President Bola Tinubu.
Salu-Hundeyin: Why Lagos should be excluded from protest
Salu-Hundeyin who reeled out some of the achievements of the state government said this during a meeting with the Secretaries…
Northern Youth Alliance pulls out of nationwide protest
The group, in a press statement signed by Mr Abdullahi Usman, its National Coordinator and made available to newsmen in…
Wike: Planned protest against Tinubu government politically motivated
Wike acknowledged that people were not happy due to hunger and unemployment, adding, however, that the Tinubu administration was not…
Tinubu wants youths to shelve planned nationwide protest – Minister
The Minister said Tinubu does not see any need for protest. He added that the President has listened to the…
I-G Egbetokun: How police will respond to planned nationwide protest
Egbetokun was however quick to add that the police have a duty to protect lives and property and will not…
Umahi: Tinubu ‘doing good’, unpatriotic people behind plan for protests
Umahi, said this while speaking with newsmen on Sunday in Uburu, Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi. The Minister said…
Northern group withdraws from protest, urges support for Tinubu’s reforms
In a statement signed by spokesperson Ibrahim Dan-Musa on Sunday, the group urged Nigerians to give President Tinubu a chance.…
Ohanaeze directs Igbo not to participate in nationwide protest against Tinubu
The apex Igbo body, in a statement issued by its Secretary General, Okechukwu Isiguzoro on Tuesday, said it had instructed Igbo…
Big blow for labour as 65 CSOs pull out of planned protest
“We recognise the importance of addressing labour-related concerns and advocating for workers’ rights, we kindly urge the labour unions to…
TUC: We’ll join nationwide protest despite our support for fuel subsidy removal
TUC directs all affiliates and state councils of Congress to mobilise their members for action by midnight of today, Aug.…
NLC insists nationwide protest over hike in fuel price, others holds on Wednesday
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has said contrary to some reports, it has not called off its nationwide protest over…
NANS plans nationwide protest over tuition fees
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has urged President Bola Tinubu to intervene in the planned hike of the…