5th April, 2011
Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Lagos State Command, southwest Nigeria, Dauda Mungadi, has warned Lagosians to guide against fire outbreak when cooking.
Mungali gave this warning in a recent statement on the fire outbreak which occurred last week at Ilaje waterside in Shomolu Local Government Area of Lagos State.
“Though, records show that no lives was lost in the inferno, which was sparked-off by careless cooking, properties whose estimate could not be readily ascertained were destroyed,” the Lagos NSCDC commandant said.
While expressing his sympathy and that of the command to the victims of the fire outbreak, he however said that the civil corps, in accordance with it mandate will continue to render prompt and necessary assistance to Lagosians in particular and the entire country in general.