10th May, 2014
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Saturday said that there has been no arrest or operation by any foreign military or security allies in the ongoing efforts to rescue the abducted girls.
It said there had not also been any arrest or operation in the conduct of the ongoing counter terrorist campaign in Nigeria as reported by national dailies today and was currently being circulated online.
This was contained in a statement issued in Abuja by Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information.
The statement said that contrary to the reports and the pictures being circulated to illustrate the claims, there had been no incident or record as reported.
It said that the pictures being circulated to illustrate the claims in the story were not related to the situation in Nigeria as they were taken from scenes in other countries.
“Indeed, no troop of the American Marines has so far been deployed in any part of Nigeria as is being circulated in certain media.
“There is therefore no need to engage in misleading speculations while the mission is in progress. the statement added,” it said.
According to the statement, the public will be duly briefed on the areas of collaboration with allied forces in the mission to bring back our girls as the need arises.