12th August, 2021
Leader of Redeemed Christian Church of God(RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has released the prayer points for the 12 August Open Heavens for Teens.
You can follow it here:
MEMORIZE: And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. Matthew 15:36
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 12 AUGUST 2021 BIBLE READING MATTHEW 15:32-38
32. Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
33. And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34. And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35. And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36. And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38. And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.
“Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” “Philippians 4:6”
Beyond being a type of prayer, thanksgiving is a type of giving that brings about multiplication. Its an act of faith.
Anytime you refuse to thank God, you are indirectly saying He doesn’t exist and thereby accusing Him of non-performance.
Whenever you thank God, you are acknowledging that He is alive and playing His role in your life.
In today’s Bible reading, the provision for the multitude remained limited until Jesus applied the power of thanksgiving.
As soon as thanksgiving was brought into that situation, the provision was multiplied in excess.
If you have very little when so much is required, don’t be afraid.
Through thanksgiving, you could multiply what you have to meet your need.
Little provision + thanksgiving = surplus
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be season refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing:
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, Oh Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honour Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing;
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now, as to God, we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ROMANS 11:22-36, PSALMS 93:1-5, PSALMS 94:1-23, PSALMS 95:1-11