3rd November, 2021
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed that a gas leakage occurred around Computer Village, Oba Akran Area of Lagos on Wednesday.
The spokesperson for NEMA (South West), Ibrahim Farinloye confirmed the development.
He advised residents to avoid using anything inflammable.
He said: “Residents around Computer Village, Underbridge Awolowo Way, and Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, Medical Road must not open shops or use open naked fire for safety reasons.
“Distressed alert just received indicates massive leakage of gas pipeline around these areas.”
However, PM News gathered that the situation has now been brought under control.
Residents are advised to go about their daily routine but traffic diversion around the areas is still in force.