Tag: Hajj
Hajj: Don’t bring kolanut to Saudi Arabia, Lagos warns pilgrims
Kazeem Ugbodaga The Lagos State Government has warned the 2,192 pilgrims from the state embarking on this year’s pilgrimage to…
Ogun Muslims to cough out N1.18m for hajj
The Ogun Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has called on intending pilgrims to augment their 2016 interim Hajj fare from the…
2016 Hajj: Ondo pilgrims urged to engage in physical exercises
haj The Ondo State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has advised intending for the 2016 Hajj from the state to engage…
2015 hajj stampede survivor returns to Nigeria
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has confirmed the return of the last Nigerian pilgrim, Hajiya Fatima Isa, who…
Sokoto to commence sale of 2016 Hajj seats on Feb. 2
The Sokoto State Pilgrims Welfare Agency (PWA) says it would commence the sales of 2016 Hajj seats on February 2.…
Ambode launches contributory scheme for Hajj, Jerusalem pilgrimages
Kazeem Ugbodaga Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday launched a contributory scheme for Hajj and Jerusalem pilgrimages. This is…
Hajj: Saudi Arabia death toll rises to 2,121
Associated Press – The crush and stampede that struck the hajj last month in Saudi Arabia killed at least 2,121…
Nigeria Hajj death toll rises to 145
At least 145 Nigerians are now known to have died during last month’s Hajj stampede in Mina, Saudi Arabia, Nigerian…
36,269 pilgrims return to Nigeria
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) on Saturday said it had so far transported 36,269 pilgrims from Mecca, Saudi…
Hajj stampede: Special prayer held for victims in Sokoto
A special prayer was held in Sokoto on Friday for victims of the Hajj stampede in Saudi Arabia. The prayer…
244 Nigerian pilgrims yet to be accounted for – Tambuwal
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Thursday said all Nigerians who went to Saudi Arabia for this year’s pilgrimage…
Max Air returns 4,000 pilgrims to Nigeria
Alhaji Ibrahim Dahiru, the Public Relations Manager, Max Air, on Thursday said the airline had returned 4,000 pilgrims who performed…
Nigeria honours honest pilgrim
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) on Wednesday rewarded a pilgrim from Nasarawa State, Suleman Bello, for returning money…
Senate to investigate hajj stampede
The Senate on Tuesday resolved to set up a committee to investigate the causes of the Hajj stampede which claimed…
Hajj stampede: Nasarawa loses 1 pilgrim, 2 missing
The Nasarawa state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board on Tuesday confirmed that one pilgrim from the state died while two others…
Hajj stampede: Gov. Masari condoles with family of Katsina Legislator
Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State on Monday condoled with the family of Mr Faisal Musa, a Legislator with the…
Account for all Nigerians in Saudi Arabia, Buhari orders NAHCON
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the National Hajj Commission (NAHCON) and the Nigerian Embassy in Saudi Arabia to urgently account…
Pilgrims from Cross River, Ondo other states among 54 dead in hajj stampede
A breakdown of the Nigerian pilgrims killed in Thursday’s stampede in Mina, Saudi Arabia has revealed that pilgrims from Cross…
54 Nigerians confirmed dead, 61 injured in Mina stampede – Hajj Commission
At least fifty-four Nigerians have been confirmed dead and 61 injured during Thursday’s stampede in Mina, Saudi Arabia. The confirmation…
Olulade commiserates with NUJ over death of Bilkisu Yusuf
Eromosele Ebhomele Former Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on Information and Publicity, Segun Olulade, has commiserated…
Atiku expresses regret on death of pilgrims
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has expressed regret on the death of more than 747 Muslims in a stampede during pilgrimage…
Hajj: Gombe declares five pilgrims missing
Five pilgrims from Gombe State have been declared missing in Saudi Arabia, the Executive Secretary, Gombe State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare…
‘We can’t find him’ – pilgrims lament after hajj disaster
AFP – “We can’t find him” was the lament of anxious relatives and friends Saturday as they scoured hospital wards…
Aregbesola commiserates with families of hajj stampede
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun, has commiserated with the families of those who lost their lives in a stampede at…
Buhari deeply saddened by Saudi tragedy
President Muhammadu Buhari is deeply saddened by the colossal calamity which occurred Thursday in Saudi Arabia, claiming the lives of…
Saudi responsible for hajj stampede, says Iran leader
AFP – Iran’s supreme leader said Saudi Arabia is responsible for Thursday’s stampede during the annual hajj in which 90…
Hajj stampede kills at least 453, injures 719 in Saudi
AFP – At least 453 people were killed and hundreds wounded in a stampede at the annual hajj in Saudi…
UPDATE: 220 dead in hajj stampede in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia civil defence has confirmed that the death toll in Thursday’s stampede has risen to 220, with over 500…
150 dead, 390 hurt in stampede at hajj in Saudi
Saudi Arabia Civil Defence say at least 150 dead, 390 injured in stampede at hajj in Mecca. The pilgrims were…
Zamfara transports 3,887 pilgrims to Saudi Arabia official
No fewer than 3,887 pilgrims have been transported for the 2015 hajj from Sultan Abubakar International Airport, Sokoto, Alhaji Aminu…