BREAKING: Trump raises Global Tariffs to 15% after Supreme Court Setback

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
LATEST SCORES:
Loading live scores...

Tag: Borno State

Metro, News

Gunmen raze two schools in north Nigeria

A group of gunmen razed two schools in Bauchi state, northern Nigeria, where Boko Haram gunmen previously attacked a girls’…

Headlines, Metro, News

Jonathan to visit Chibok, town of abducted girls

Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan will visit a northeastern town where over 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped by Islamic militants, Boko Haram…

Headlines, News

Maiduguri is not boiling – Defence HQ

The Defence Headquarters on Wednesday said that the rumour making the rounds that Maiduguri was boiling as a result of…

Headlines, News

APC Govs to work with FG on Chibok girls rescue, support Nyanya blast victims with N100m

All Progressives Congress (APC) governors, under the Progressive Governors Forum, (PGF) on Tuesday reaffirmed their committed to working with the…

Metro, News

APC condemns forced conversion of abducted Chibok schoolgirls

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday condemned the reported forced conversion to Islam, of some Chibok schoolgirls abducted by…

Headlines, News

‘All’ girls in Boko Haram video are Chibok students – Shettima

The female hostages shown in a video released by Boko Haram have been identified as students of the secondary school…

Headlines, News

State of Emergency: Reps to debate President Jonathan’s request

The House of Representatives will on Wednesday debate President Goodluck Jonathan’s request for extension of the state of emergency in…

Metro, News

New Video Gives Me Joy, Says Man With 3 Kidnapped Cousins

A man whose three cousins are among more than 200 schoolgirls being held by Islamist militants in north-eastern Nigeria tells…

Headlines, News

Emergency Rule: Jonathan Seeks Extension In Borno, Others

By Ayorinde Oluokun/Abuja President Goodluck Jonathan has written to the National Assembly to seek the extension of the state of…

Opinion

Need For Regional Cooperation To Defeat Insurgents

In a much publicised move, Nigeria has accepted assistance from the United States, Britain, France, China and Israel in a…

Headlines, Metro, News

Gov Shettima Orders Mass Production Of Abducted Girls Video

Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno has ordered mass production of video clip showing some of the 234 girls abducted on…

Metro, News

Obasanjo condemns Chibok schoolgirls abduction

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday condemned the abduction of more than 200 schoolgirls in Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok…

Headlines, News

Kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls converted to Islam – Boko Haram leader

Boko Haram released a new video on Monday 12 May claiming to show the missing Nigerian schoolgirls, alleging they had…

News

I will not sleep until abducted girls are rescued – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan said he will “not sleep” or rest on his oars until the over 200 abducted girls in…

Metro, News

UN Security Council condemns schoolgirls kidnap

The United Nations Security Council strongly condemned the abduction of hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls Friday, as the world body’s secretary…

Headlines, News

Clinton Slams Jonathan Over Corruption

Mrs. Hillary Clinton, the former US Secretary of State, has lambasted President Goodluck Jonathan over corruption in Nigeria and the…

Headlines, Metro, News

US team arrives in Nigeria to help with hostage search

US experts have arrived in Nigeria to help rescue more than 200 schoolgirls being held hostage by Boko Haram Islamists,…

Metro, News

ECOWAS to assist Nigeria on counter-terrorism – Mahama

ECOWAS leaders had decided to invoke the community’s protocols on counter-terrorism to defeat terrorism and support Nigeria’s efforts to rescue…

Metro, News

Kidnapped Schoolgirls: Northern Governor’s welcomes US offer

The Northern Governors’ Forum on Wednesday welcomed the United States government’s offer of military assistance to Nigeria to help locate…

Metro, News

Abducted Girls: Nigeria Police offer N50m reward for information

The Nigeria Police Force has offered N50million as reward to anyone with useful information about the over 200 schoolgirls kidnapped…

Headlines, Metro, News

Number of girls taken in latest Borno kidnap rises to 11

The number of Nigerian girls taken in the latest kidnapping by Boko Haram Islamists has risen to 11, a local…

Headlines, Metro, News

Boko Haram Kidnaps 8 More Girls

Suspected Boko Haram Islamists have kidnapped eight more girls from Borno State, residents said on Tuesday, after the extremist group’s…

Entertainment, Headlines, Metro, News

Abducted Schoolgirls: Unthinkable cruelty and evil – Angelina Jolie

US actress Angelina Jolie on Tuesday condemned as “unthinkable cruelty and evil” the kidnapping of over 200 schoolgirls in Nigeria…

News

Chibok Schoolgirls: Jonathan’s Wife Orders Protest Leaders Arrested

Oluokun Ayorinde/Abuja Nigeria Police on Monday allegedly acting on the orders of Mrs. Patience Jonathan, arrested Mrs. Naomi Mutah Nyadar,…

Headlines, Metro, News

Lagos Shuts Markets For Chibok Schoolgirls

Jamiu Yisa & Sulaimon Mojeed-Sanni The Iyaloja-General of Nigeria, Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo has ordered the shutting down of all Lagos…

Headlines, Metro, News

Nigeria will ‘surely’ free abducted girls – Jonathan

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday vowed that his government will ensure the release of the 223 schoolgirls abducted by suspected…

Metro, News

Abduction of schoolgirls: WAEC boss blames Borno officials

The Head of National Office of WAEC, Charles Eguridu, says the Borno government officials should be blamed for the abduction…

Headlines, Metro, News

Patience Jonathan to lead protest to Chibok

Dame Patience Jonathan, wife of the president, has promised to stage a protest match to Chibok, Borno, if the abducted…

Headlines, Metro, News

US will do ‘everything possible’ to rescue Nigeria girls – Kerry

US Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday vowed that Washington will do “everything possible” to help Nigeria deal with…

Headlines, Metro, News

Only Borno government will comment on missing school girls – DHQ

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) said it has streamlined the dissemination of information on the abducted schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno, stating…
1 12 13 14 15 16 19
×